Calmly roaming around their paddock and grazing on the grassland, Audrey, Dorothy and Ethel make up our family of alpacas. Laid back and enjoying the countryside, relaxing is what they do best, just how we like it to be for our guests!
Each alpaca has a unique character, and these cute and inquisitive animals will be glad to meet you. Make sure you pop over to the alpaca paddock to say hello!
Fun Facts About Alpacas
- Alpacas are highly sociable, gentle and curious creatures.
- Alpacas make really good pets and can be trained fairly easily.
- When there’s danger they scream, and they make an odd hooting sound when they’re excited.
- The members of an alpaca herd will all use the same loo rather than pooping randomly.
- It’s funny to see female alpacas queuing for the loo in a line – they like to ‘go’ together!
- A baby alpaca is called a cria
- Alpacas come in 22 colours, from a deep blue-black through browns and tans to white.
- 99% of the world’s alpacas still live in South America.