Howgill Campsite Ltd is committed to enhancing our environment and we strive continuously to reduce our impact on it. We go beyond basic legal and regulatory requirements in order to fulfil our environmental agenda.
We are committed to providing excellence in customer service and superior comfort for all our guests whilst upholding our dedication to help preserve and protect our natural environment and our planet.
Our Environmental/Green Policy outlines how we aim to minimise our carbon footprint as much as possible. We currently:
- Use paper made from sustainable sources.
- Buy pens made from recycled CD cases.
- Use energy saving light bulbs throughout the site wherever possible.
- Recycle all glass, paper and plastic.
- Utilise the internet and email as a means to distribute information such as newsletters, brochures and letters.
- Encourage guests to forget about their car whilst staying with us and enjoy the natural breath-taking beauty of the 30,000 acre Bolton Abbey estate by foot.
With the “reduce, reuse, recycle” philosophy at the heart of our activities we are focusing on the following areas:
- Energy consumption.
- Waste reduction.
- Sustainable land management.
- Employee awareness.
- Sustainable procurement.
The following will underpin these objectives:
- Consistent monitoring of our energy consumption to highlight potential and achieved reductions in energy consumed.
- To reduce the amount of waste we produce and that we send to landfill.
- To promote the environmental agenda to employees, visitors and guests and ensure that all new staff are given an environmental induction on our aims and objectives.
- Preserve and enhance the biodiversity, natural heritage and long term sustainability of the land.
Continue to source products and services from suppliers who share and demonstrate our environmental ambitions.