Touring Caravans & Tents - OPEN 29 March to 4 November
Howgill Lodge is a small select park with magnificent views and modern facilities. The park is terraced to give privacy and uninterrupted views of the Yorkshire countryside. Facilities for our caravan park and campsite include toilets, hot showers, shaver points and hairdryers, laundry room, washing up sinks and gas supplies.
The site has 10amp electric hook ups available to all caravan pitches and some of the tent pitches. Every pitch has its own picnic table. All pitches are level with caravans on hard standing and tents on grass. Heavy duty pegs are required for awnings.
We have recently installed an eco friendly sewage system and reed bed. To help protect this we insist on the use of formaldehyde free toilet chemicals and we sell this on site.
We do not allow electric heating in tents or awnings as there is insufficient electric supply to support this and it will cause the electricity to trip out.
Arrival times are 1.00pm - 6.30pm (8pm Fridays) note: please contact us for late arrivals
Departure time is 12.00 noon (late departures may be possible during quiet times)
"This one of the nicest places that we have ever stayed at. It was such a pleasure to be able to share in the wonderful scenery and to stop at a site that was spotlessly clean, totally unspoilt with spacious pitches overlooking the stunning scenery."
- All prices per night
- Caravan or motorhome including up to 2 people and electric hook up - £28.00
- Standard pitch without electric hook up – tent/campervan, car and up to 2 people - £23
- Standard pitch with electric hook up - tent/campervan, car and up to 2 people - £28
- Bank holiday supplement for all pitches - £10
- Extra adult - £10
- Extra child - £5
- Awning - £5
- Hikers - £10
- Extra cars/day visitors - £10
- Bring your own gazebo (by prior arrangement only) - £10
- We require a 50% deposit with the remaining balance due 60 days prior to arrival.
- When bookings are taken we will require the dimensions of your tent or caravan. Due to the terraced nature of the site we cannot accommodate tents over 7.5 metres.
- Awning bedroom annexes are not permitted.
- Obedient dogs are welcome at no extra cost.
Just a few reminders to make sure everybody enjoys their stay and makes the most of the wonderful countryside around.
- Please drive slowly around the park as there are children playing, take care at all times.
- Please be particularly careful to park vehicles safely and make sure your caravan or trailer is securely hitched before departure.
- For fire safety, please leave a clear 3 metre gap between vehicles/awnings and the adjacent unit.
- Dry stone walls can fall down easily and are expensive to maintain, so please don't sit on them, climb them or remove stones from them.
- Visitors - If you have any visitors during your stay, we make a charge of £10 per car and ask that they inform us in the shop/reception upon arrival.
- Vehicles should be parked within the allocated pitch area, extra vehicles should be left on the car park.
- Dogs are welcome as long as they have responsible owners who keep them on a lead and clean up after them. A dog waste bin is provided at the entrance to the dog walk.
- BBQs - Please take care not to burn the grass or the picnic tables.
- Fire pits are available to hire from reception.
- Recycling - We love it! Please separate your glass, plastic, cans, paper and cardboard and place it in the containers provided - The environment thanks you.
- Music - Not everyone has the same tastes in music, if you want to play it then please do so quietly.
- Quiet time 10:30pm to 7am. Tents are not soundproof - please have consideration for others.