Glamping : Available to book from June 2021!
All bookings now include free Coronavirus insurance.
Book now with confidence, knowing you will not lose your money if the lockdown continues or restarts in the future.
If your booking falls within a lockdown period we will issue you a voucher for the full amount you have paid for your booking, which can use up until the end of 2021.
Please note this cannot be exchanged for cash.
Corona Virus Protection
The Coronavirus pandemic has impacted all our lives and although we still need to take great care to protect each other, the number of new cases in the UK appears to be falling. Our top priority, as always, is the safety of our staff and customers, and we are committed to doing our best to help prevent further spread of the virus. Following government guidelines, we have introduced a number of safety measures so that guests can feel completely safe whilst staying at Howgill, giving you the confidence to book a stay with us. We have received excellent feedback regarding our COVID protection strategy from customers who have already stayed with us this year.
- Each timber lodge is fully self-contained and a perfect place to self-isolate
- A site map will direct customers to their accommodation
- A phone number is provided for any queries
- Keys are disinfected after every stay
- Scatter cushions will be removed and the sofa will be sprayed with fabric cleaner
- Additional time has been allocated in the rota for thorough cleaning of the accommodation
- All staff members will wear full PPE including hazmat suit, gloves and face mask whilst cleaning the accommodation.
Camping and Caravanning
- Protective screen installed in reception. Only one family at a time in reception.
- Card payments only.
- Hand sanitizer provided in reception. Ample soap and hot water available in the toilet and shower block.
- Additional time has been allocated in the rota for regular and thorough cleaning of the toilet block and reception area
- A 2 metre distance to each person must be maintained at all times
- Reduced onsite capacity to ensure social distancing
Toilet and Shower Block
- We will limit the number of customers allowed in at any one time
- Please spend as little time as possible in the toilet and shower blocks
- Children under 11 are to be accompanied by an adult
- A maximum of 2 children per adult
- Customers are to wash their hands when entering and exiting
- Face masks are compulsory when using the toilet and shower block. These can be purchased at reception for £1 each if you don't have your own.
- Sinks in the ladies and gents are to be used for hand washing only
- No brushing of teeth or face washing in the sinks. Pretend you are back in the scouts and do it at your tent with some water and a glass! Please dispose of the dirty water in the drain outside the toilet block. Please do not spit or dispose of it on the camping field.
- Customers have use of an outside hot water tap to fill containers for washing up so you have the choice to not enter the wash up area.
- Kitchen sinks to be used for washing up plates etc only.
- Our communal fridges, microwave and kettle will not be in use.
We understand this is a very difficult time for everybody, however, we want to reassure you that we are taking every possible step to keep our customers safe. If you have any further questions please give us a call on 01756 720655 or make a booking.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
From Oliver, Cat and the Howgill Team.